U.S. Marines M-1022OR

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Bushcraft-kelso, May 5, 2018.

1. Bushcraft-kelso

Bushcraft-kelso Am are Hobbyist Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Hello fellow Bushcrafters!
    When I stumbled across these Elite Tactical blades this one was the first one I seen. Looked good to me and the specs did too.. then I saw this.. 15255650733691922724610.jpg so I thought this would be a good candidate for my low priced test knives. It arrived just as described online. IMG_20180505_200940.jpg 3/16" thick 440c stainless blade.
    G10 scales, PTFE coating, partially serated edge. Sheath isn't too bad it has plastic incert, in a nylon sheath, has 2 eyelets some with a plastic buckle on the pouch made on to the sheaths front. Has a snap closure to secure the blade. This guy would shave out of the box. So we went to work.. IMG_20180505_184349.jpg feather sticks like a champ! I done these without the serations, but.. I have found that serations can make some really fluffy feathers/shavings. The knife handles very well, notches and basic carving is no problem using mainly the belly of the blade. IMG_20180505_185146.jpg used the serations a little on the notches. Then on to my favorite part.. IMG_20180505_183418.jpg from left to right cherry, maple, oak, goat.. IMG_20180505_185747.jpg it took it like a champ, the scales had slight play at this point but that's not a big deal, I don't check everything before use. They may have not been tight from the factory, they take a torx bit and can be tightened so I'll re-tighten them bust half dozen more logs recheck if lose again.. then i will remove them and epoxy them as well as put the screws back in and I don't think they will cause a problem. The coating on the blade began to come off also.. again that's not a big deal to me but cosmetics are important to some. IMG_20180505_190110.jpg This little dude holds a great edge still shaving sharp despite the hardwood. This knife has went up $4 ish sense I purchased it. I believe it's $15 with free shipping. Worth it ? I think so, the sheath isn't amazing, but worked well while I was using it. I plan to pack the pouch on the front and do after more outtings to see how it holds up. The blade ? Performance was very well I thought very functional, not bad on the hand. The handles did get slight play after the beating but again.. to me.. not a huge deal.. I'll keep y'all posted on performance after I have tightened the scales, and beat it through more wood. Worth it all the way!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    MrFixIt, blind & lost, Broke and 2 others like this.
  2. Zunga

Zunga Guide

Blog Posts:
    Good evening I'm liking these reviews! I have the knife in the link below. It's from the same parent company. It's their cheap and dirty option. I can say personally it takes serious abuse like a champ. $12 Canadian $6 and change U.S. the grip is not great, stock. But easily rewrapped. The rectangle sheath. Means you can simply flip the knife for lefties.
    Cheers Jim

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007..._SY340_QL65&keywords=mtech+fixed+blade+knives

MrFixIt and Bushcraft-kelso like this.