Up coming elk hunt

Discussion in 'New Mexico' started by TheGeoSquirrel, Jul 19, 2016.

1. TheGeoSquirrel

TheGeoSquirrel Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Ok guys I have a question or two for you all and based on the answers maybe an idea for a get together.
    First of all I drew out for muzzle loader elk the first week of Dec in the GMU around Quemado lake . Did anyone else on here in the NM BUSCA group draw out for the same hunt or anyone in BUSCA for all that matters?
    I have hunted the area many times and taken 5 elk from there so I know it pretty well. I have always had others going on the same hunt but I am the only one I currently know that drew out. Its not a big deal to me but SWMBO has other ideas and is not real happy about me going by my self.
    If someone else drew out for the same area and would be interested in meeting up and teaming up for this hunt please let me know. The other idea is I might be up for even haveing anyone in BCUSA who just wants to come out for a winter camp and hang out it might be a good oppertunity to get some NM members together. I dont mind going by myself but its always fun when there are a few folks around sharing camp and I promised the wife I would ask. I havent stayed married as long as I have by not paying attention to her concerns.
    Any way let me know if you drew out for the same hunt and would like to get together or if you would just like to come out for a winter get away and hang out. If there is interest we can discuss the finer points.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    SmilinJoe and SBRChris like this.
  2. TheGeoSquirrel

TheGeoSquirrel Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I thought for sure someone would like to go and make my hunt a bushcraft get together. Oh well guess I will have to go and have all the fun by myself.
    My wife isnt going to like me going by myself but I have done it before and she dosent complain to much while eating a nice elk steak.

3. captjim_nm

captjim_nm Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I live near San Antonio. I do muzzle loading. Mainly I just go bird hunting. I am not interested in muzzle loading hunting but nothing wrong with going camping. Yes, we could talk over a cup of coffee. Phone 505 412-3732 Jim