Welcome to Sandcut Outdoors

Discussion in 'Sandcut Outdoors' started by Sandcut, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Sandcut

Sandcut Sed ego sum homo indomitus Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Howdy, and welcome to the sub-forum. I'm an old dog, but I'm trying to learn a new trick here, so please put up with me.

So, you're probably asking yourself, "What the heck is Sandcut Outdoors?" Allow me to introduce myself for those who don't already know me.

My name is Mike Leggiero and, by day, I'm a professional field biologist working in environmental law enforcement. I've been working in this position for greater than 20 years. I have also been an educator and teacher in one form or the other for over 25 years. Recently I've had some personal interests fall together in such a manner that I decided to start up Sandcut Outdoors in order to share some of what I've learned over the years.

The classes that I offer are a hybrid of classes of my own design as well as classes that I offer on behalf of the American Red Cross. I am an ARC Licensed Training Provider (LTP), which essentially means that I am a licensed franchise for ARC, able to offer ARC trainings for certification. I am a certified instructor in Basic First Aid, Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED, as well as in Wilderness and Remote First Aid. These will likely be the ARC courses that I offer the most frequently to this forum. However, I hope to be adding other instructor certifications over time. I am also a Strategic Partner with ARC, which means that I will be functioning as a subcontractor for them for them when offering these classes on a community level. I will be posting announcements here for both types of classes. The classes of my own design will be posted in an upcoming thread and will include topics such as basic plant identification, identification of medicinal and edible plants, as well as other biology-related topics that will be of interest to folks interested in bushcraft.

Unlike most educational programs, I do not have a fixed place of business. As such, my classes will be located throughout eastern Pennsylvania and surrounding areas as I find venues interested in offering courses. I've recently been working with many of the summer camps, state forests and state parks in my area and am currently negotiating offering courses at several local colleges and universities. With that said, I'm also available to offer trainings for Boy/Girl Scout groups, as well as home school groups.

Feel free to keep an eye on this sub-forum for offered courses or check out my Facebook page for Sandcut Outdoors (like I said, old dog, new trick) for announcements and updates of scheduled courses, as well as photos of my courses.

That's it for now. Stay tuned.

OldSoul, Berner9, x39 and 39 others like this.
  2. Bearck2050

Bearck2050 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Good luck with your new venture!!!

Sandcut likes this.
  3. alukban

alukban Guide

Blog Posts:
    Looks great Mike! :dblthumb:

Sandcut likes this.
  4. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Very cool. Glad you have the opportunity to do what you enjoy.

Sandcut and alukban like this.
  5. MrFixIt

MrFixIt Old Jarhead LB#42 Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Good luck, sounds like you are more than qualified.

Sandcut likes this.
  6. Badey

Badey Bushmaster Bushclass I Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Awesome! If you ever make it out to the other side of the state, let me know!

rsnurkle and Sandcut like this.
  7. xRangerx

xRangerx Woods wandering bird nerd Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    This is awesome! PA is kind of close to WA right?

ArmyMacE and Sandcut like this.
  8. Sandcut

Sandcut Sed ego sum homo indomitus Vendor

Blog Posts:
    It's just a hop, skip, and a jump.

ArmyMacE and xRangerx like this.