Wilderness First Aid Skills Day

Discussion in 'Sandcut Outdoors' started by Sandcut, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Sandcut

Sandcut Sed ego sum homo indomitus Vendor

Blog Posts:
    If you've taken any of my WRFA classes, you know that I've been talking about doing this for a looong time. Well, I finally got it on the calendar and I couldn't be more excited. Basically, it's just going to be a day of running simulated skills scenarios all day long. During a normal WRFA class, there is never enough time to really explore the full depth and breadth of possible scenarios fully enough. This workshop will offer us the ability to really dig in and get dirty because we won't have any time constraints working against us. This really promises to be fun!

Here's the info for the workshop.

Sandcut Outdoors is offering a Wilderness First Aid Skills Day. Join us for a day of “hands on” learning and brush up on those rusty skills. This workshop will expand on knowledge previously learned during the students’ past WRFA/WFA coursework. This workshop will begin with a short review of scene size up and patient assessment, and then will focus on a variety of simulated scenarios that are designed to challenge the students’ first aid knowledge and skills while practicing those skills in realistic settings.

This workshop is open to all students who have taken a Wilderness and Remote First Aid class with Sandcut Outdoors (whether or not your WRFA certification is current) AND anyone else who is holding a CURRENT Wilderness First Aid certification from another provider (e.g., NOLS, SOLO, ASHI, etc.).

The cost of the workshop is $30/person. The workshop will be held at the Hauser Nature Center, 1567 Long Pond Rd., Long Pond, PA on Saturday, July 20, 2019, from 9 am until 2 pm.

Space is limited and registration is required by Sunday, July 13, 2019.

For more information or to register, email SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com or call Mike at 570)955-8391.

And here's a photo of our own @Pastor Chris taking charge to tempt you all to come out. We'll just be in a much more wooded setting for the workshop.

IMG_20170325_162956.jpg

GreenFrog, GoKartz, rsnurkle and 2 others like this.
  2. Pastor Chris

Pastor Chris Keeper of the T.Darrah Tenkara Pass-Around Supporter Hardwoodsman Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    I would be there if my family reunion wasn’t on that day. Great idea @Sandcut !

Sandcut and Outdoor Dauber like this.
  3. rsnurkle

rsnurkle Supporter Supporter Bushclass I Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Great idea!

Sandcut likes this.
  4. Sandcut

Sandcut Sed ego sum homo indomitus Vendor

Blog Posts:
    We'll miss you. Enjoy the family!

Pastor Chris likes this.
  5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog In the Forest Supporter Hardwoodsman Bushclass III

Blog Posts:
    If I wasn't working I'd definitely want to attend this. Great idea for more active learning!

Pastor Chris and Sandcut like this.