Wilderness Seminars at Cabela's - Part 2 - March 18, 2017

Discussion in 'Sandcut Outdoors' started by Sandcut, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Sandcut

Sandcut Sed ego sum homo indomitus Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Apparently I did something right. :)

Cabela's Hamburg, PA store asked me back this month to run these three workshops again.

Cabela's and Sandcut Outdoors LLC will be offering the following Wilderness Seminars at the Hamburg store:

Hug a Tree and Survive - This is a program developed by the National Association for Search & Rescue to teach young children how to behave in the event that they become lost in the outdoors. The children are taught simple methods of staying warm and dry, as well as methods for aiding in their rescue by search and rescue personnel. This is a great class for kids ages 6 and up and is an especially good training for young hunters as well as Cub Scouts and Brownie Girl Scouts. This class will run from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM.

Basic Knots for Outdoor Use - This is a program that would be suitable for children ag...es 10 and up, as well as adults. The students would learn basic knot terminology, the difference between knots, bends and hitches, as well as about a dozen of the more basic, yet most useful knots for use in camping, hunting, boating, etc. This class will run from 12:00 Noon - 1:00 PM.

Overnight Survival - This is the adult version that has been adapted from the Hug a Tree and Survive program. This program goes into more detail for simple methods of staying dry and warm in the event that someone has to spend and unintended night in the outdoors. The program is suitable for ages 14 to adult.
    This class will run from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM.

Fees: The fee for classes 1 & 2 will be $5/person and the fee for the last class will be $10/person. Prior registration is requested to ensure that adequate classroom materials are available.

Please register by emailing SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com

I hope to see some more BCUSA folks at this event.