would like to have a subforum dealing with bugs/critters etc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Avohei, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Avohei

Avohei Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    That kind of sums it up. Not sure how popular it would be. Just could be nice to have a subforum dealing with just bugs/critters and the like. Having a good area to discuss what works and what doesn't could be helpful to others when it comes to deterring them. Plus maybe some reviews of what we use to deter them.

For example:

- I was at a camp this weekend and I had a major issue with biting gnats and the normal spray I take wouldn't keep them at bay. I ended up leaving the area.

- I was at a campground where a couple people let their pets roam free. I got woken up from someone's dog sniffing my face. lol. It was funny but not how I wanted to be woke up. My solution was to start using cordage around my area so that a pet could trip up on it and ring a bell that wakes me up.

There are many more things that can be added like what products work for us. I use an all natural organic bug spray that has no deet and keeps skeeters, black flies, and those crazy little bees that bite but don't sting away. Plus we can talk about permethin and it's uses and how to apply it properly.

Lots of options and just a thought. Thank you for reading this. If a subforum isn't possible then I missed an existing forum already in place somehow. Course I'm a selective reader and my brain is fuzzy atm. lol.

2. Avohei

Avohei Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Oddly enough the flora and fauna section is one that I've yet to peruse amongst some others. I'll give it a read up this week. Thank you for the info!