1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS - CUSTOM TURNED/HANDMADE WOODEN BOWLS

Discussion in 'T's Custom Outdoor Gear' started by T. Pollock, Aug 14, 2017.

1. T. Pollock

T. Pollock T's Custom Outdoor Gear Vendor Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    This is where I'll be offering my wooden bowls that I have available. Each bowl will be a unique one of a kind custom creation, just as individual as the person who purchases it. While I do use a powered lathe to turn these all the tools used to shape these are still "Hand Tools" and each one is turned by hand with no aid from jigs etc.

A few will be more or less artistic bowls for interior display (pretty bowls :dblthumb:) or to store non food items in and these will be finished in a high quality lacquer for it's beauty, hardness and durability.

All the bowls made for outdoor use will have a hand rubbed 100% Pure Tung Oil finish that I believe is the best possible food grade finish for outdoor use.

As most of you know I'm not physically able to take orders but if you have a suggestion for a bowl shape or wood species I'm always open to suggestions and new ideas for design.

As always thank you very much for visiting my vendor forum and for your support!

T
    For Tim or TN or... :4:

TN_Woodman, svh, Broke and 5 others like this.
  2. T. Pollock

T. Pollock T's Custom Outdoor Gear Vendor Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I have several bowls that will be available in the next day or two guys but I wanted to go ahead and start the thread while I was thinking fairly clearly to word to OP (opening post).

3. SmilinJoe

SmilinJoe Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Excited to see what you got!

4. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Joe! I've got 5 almost ready. Nothing spectacular in this bunch just good basic bowls, all 5 of this batch from cherry and I think all of them have been shown being made in my WIP thread.

Thanks for looking brother!
    T

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. adkwalker

adkwalker Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    Watching with interest!!
    Kevin

6. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Kevin!

Broke and adkwalker like this.
  7. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Here are 5 Cherry bowls I have available. If you would like individual photos of one you're interested in shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to take some but it was just too much to take numerous photos of each one for the sales post. Most of these also have photos of them being made in my "In Shop At TCOG/WIP" thread if you'd like to look there at more photos. If you'd like one of these post which number you want here in the thread to save confusion. #2 & #3 are more decorative bowls and have a lacquer finish for interior use durability. All the others are finished with 100% Pure Tung Oil so they're safe for and intended for food use. Since these were all just finished I would recommend allowing the tung oil to cure for a couple of weeks before putting them into use. It's completely OK to hand-wash these with a small amount of mild dish liquid in cool water, just wipe dry when done.

All these bowls were *wet turned so some will have some minor warping that occurs naturally during drying.

Measurements are to the nearest 1/8"
    #1... 1-1/2" x 4-3/4" $18 SOLD

#2... 1-3/4" x 4-5/8" $20 SOLD

#3... 2-1/4" x 4-1/8" $23 SOLD

#4... 2-3/8" x 4-7/8" $29 SOLD

#5... 1-3/4" x 6-1/2" $30 SOLD

Vendors are suppose to be getting an integrated PayPal option to use if they want but it must not be available yet so just shoot me a PM to exchange payment info.

PayPal Only Please - Prices Do Not Include Shipping. PM me your address and I'll give you a quote if you'd like but it's normally between $3-$5 for things of this size... unless you'd like it sent priority.

Cherry Bowl Capacities.jpg IMG_4723.JPG IMG_4724.JPG IMG_4725.JPG IMG_4726.JPG

These next 4 photos are from the opposite side so don't forget the numbers are reversed R-L for these 4 photos.
    IMG_4727.JPG IMG_4729.JPG IMG_4730.JPG IMG_4731.JPG

*Wet turned means they were turned thin from green wood all in one turning session. Turning them thin helps prevent cracks and speeds the dry time significantly. You just have to accept that there will be some natural warping in the finished bowl. Some feel the warping is an art (artistic) in itself and prefer bowls made this way. The other method is "Twice Turned" which means you turn a bowl leaving it thick and let it dry naturally for 6-12 months. Then re-chuck it on the lathe and finish turning it to take out the warping and bring it down to it's final size.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Hoof, J. Pierce, Broke and 6 others like this.
  8. Alex1

Alex1 BCUSA Friend Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    They're beautiful and I wish you much luck with this.

T. Pollock likes this.
  9. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Alex!

10. SmilinJoe

Blog Posts:
    I'd like #4.

Hoof and T. Pollock like this.
  11. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    You got it bro, Thank You!

Hoof and SmilinJoe like this.
  12. adkwalker

adkwalker Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    I'll take #1

13. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    You got it, Thanks Kevin!

Hoof likes this.
  14. Broke

Broke Back yard bushcrafter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    #5 please Mr Pollock

15. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    You got it bro, Thank You!

Broke and Hoof like this.
  16. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    To Celebrate Eclipse Day :dblthumb: a special on the two remaining (#2 & #3) bowls. :dblthumb:

$35 for the two of them + Free Shipping In The States... that's $11.75 off the listed price.
    Hurry though, this special is for today only!

Hoof, SmilinJoe and Broke like this.
  17. SmilinJoe

Blog Posts:
    Great deal! You will be happy folks, here's mine. Love my new cherry bowl, goes well with this spoon. Thanks again Tim!
    image.jpg

Hoof, Broke and T. Pollock like this.
  18. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    You're very welcome brother, Thank You!

SmilinJoe likes this.
  19. IA Woodsman

IA Woodsman Overwatch Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Vendor Bushclass Instructor

Blog Posts:
    Very Nice T !!

T. Pollock likes this.
  20. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Thanks bro!

IA Woodsman likes this.
  21. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    SOLD.

This is the first natural edge (bark left on rim) bowl I've done and it came from a crotch section (which makes some very nice feather grain) of a tree I harvested on my property. It is finished with 100% pure Tung Oil and is completely safe for food use.

Bowl is appox 7" x 3.5" and holds 30+ oz.

$42 PayPal Only - Includes Free Shipping In The States - First I'll take it posted here gets it pending funds

I try to keep my prices as low as possible because I enjoy seeing my work being used rather than setting on a shelf. My bowl prices may seem a little expensive for something seemingly as simple as a wooden bowl but please consider a couple of things. First, on this one I'm covering the PP fees + shipping and handling (which is the way I sell most items). With this one for example by the time I pay the fees & shipping I will maybe make $35 for this bowl. Secondly that's for approx 8hrs work and doesn't account for any material costs = I make very little for a one of a kind custom handmade item. :dblthumb:

I'm a lousy photographer so I always try to include plenty of photos to show all the features of any of my items.

IMG_4763.JPG IMG_4768.JPG IMG_4769.JPG IMG_4775.JPG IMG_4779.JPG IMG_4780.JPG IMG_4781.JPG IMG_4782.JPG IMG_4783.JPG IMG_4784.JPG

As always thanks for taking a look!

T

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Broke, svh, Finner and 1 other person like this.
  22. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    2nd and last call on the natural edge bowl folks. :dblthumb: Since it was my first natural edge bowl if no one is interested I'll just pull it and keep as a momento.

SOLD.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  23. svh

svh Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    You talked me into it ! I'll take the natural edge bowl please ! PM incoming.

Broke, T. Pollock and Hoof like this.
  24. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    You got it brother, thank you!

25. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    SOLD
    Bowls #2 & #3 from post #7 are still available if anyone is interested in these.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Broke likes this.
  26. blind & lost

blind & lost Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Can you stamp your initials/date on the bottom? If so I'll take 2&3.

Broke and T. Pollock like this.
  27. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Yes Sir, Thank you brother!

Broke and blind & lost like this.
  28. blind & lost

blind & lost Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Funds sent, thanks.

Broke and T. Pollock like this.
  29. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Since @blind & lost purchase these two bowls for a special occasion I asked if he'd like something added to my signature mark on the bottom of the bowls. I'm loving the pyrography (wood burner) tool I got so if any of you would like any special marking on a bowl you purchase just let me know and I'd be happy to add it.

IMG_7181.JPG

blind & lost and Broke like this.