Wyoming Members

Discussion in 'Wyoming' started by Throc, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Throc

Throc Guide

Blog Posts:
    I'm not new to the forum by any means but I will be new to Wyoming in a few short weeks. Moving my family to Lander the first week of September.

Any other Wyoming members hanging around?

MountainBorn likes this.
  2. mainewoods

mainewoods Maine Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Throc Safe travels. Enjoy Wyoming.

3. dbltap45acp

dbltap45acp Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I'm in Casper, seems like there aren't many Wyoming guys around here.

4. Throc

Throc Guide

Blog Posts:
    Doesn't seem to be although I've met plenty of outdoorsmen (and women) since I've been here. Haven't had any time to get out since I've moved but it's definitely a bushcrafters paradise where I'm at.

5. WY_Not

WY_Not Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Technically not a Wyoming member. But family has been going out every fall since '69 hunting (mule deer and pronghorn). Son and daughter are 4th generation to be able to make the trip. Love the state but too much family back here to make the move feasible.

6. WyomingDrifter

WyomingDrifter Treen Carver Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    I am in Powell, Wyoming...I agree not many Wyoming members.

7. FullTILT

FullTILT Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    New to the site....Located in Saratoga

8. elkhunter76

elkhunter76 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Just joined recently myself..located in Douglas

9. ywaltzucanrknrl

ywaltzucanrknrl Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I think there are a few more Wyoming folks on here for sure that haven't seen the thread. I lived in Laramie, Cheyenne, Kemmerer, Buffalo, Cody and Lander---Lander was definitely my favorite. Still have a lot of friends there. I grew up on the south side of the Wind Rivers and have spent plenty of days in the Wind Rivers. Lots of great places to see near Lander---Sinks Canyon, Jeff City, Atlantic City, South Pass, Red Desert, Big Sandy....anywhere in the Wind Rivers...the list goes on and on. Dubois is still one of my favorite towns in Wyoming. If you like the outdoors, you will like Lander. I studied glacial features around Bull Lake---classic place for that in Wyoming. Don't miss visiting the upper Green River area---great back packing....

10. Throc

Throc Guide

Blog Posts:
    Yes, we're loving Lander so far! Just trying to let the weather get a little warmer and get through tax season and then we plan on spending plenty of time out and about this summer. Already have a few nights booked for a canoe trip at Leigh Lake in June. Just can't get here quick enough. Had been getting cabin fever through the cold winter but we're unusually higher in temperature over the last several weeks and it's starting to wear on me. Only 8 more weeks though and then I should have some time to get out.

Incidentally, I did go caving up at the Sinks with my 7 year old and his cub scout troop a couple of weekends ago. That was really cool.

11. 14ers

14ers Last man standing

Blog Posts:
    We need to have a multi state meet up this summer.

12. Throc

Throc Guide

Blog Posts:
    Definitely. I drove all over Colorado a couple of weekends ago (1400 miles worth) to pick up my Jeep. Drove down through the High Rockies to Pegosa Springs, then across to 25 and back up. Beautiful country. We have several Utah members too. Should try and get that arranged this summer.

13. 14ers

14ers Last man standing

Blog Posts:
    I'm in, I'll talk to the guys at our meet up this weekend and see if we can't put something together. We'll have to choose a state, I'll go anywhere.

14. BuckHorn

BuckHorn Scout

Blog Posts:
    Recently moved to Cheyenne WY in December. I just found this post. If there is a meetup planned for the summer please let know as id be very interested in showing up.

15. Throc

Throc Guide

Blog Posts:
    We may try and get something together. I've been busy lately and will continue to be so through mid next month. May try and put something together once work slows down some and I have some additional time.

16. Canyon Creek

Canyon Creek Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Not sure if any of you Wyoming people will see this as it's an old thread, but I'll post it on the main page as well. Colorado is getting too expensive for my wallet, and I'm thinking of a move...Wyoming is highest on my list. Any recommendations on areas/towns to look at? A little bit of background on me: 43 years old, archery elk and deer hunter, upland and waterfowl with my dogs, fly-fishing, etc. Looking for smaller towns that I could buy property (preferably bordering National Forest/BLM. I am a teacher with a Masters Degree in Special Education. I own a house in Durango, Colorado (and will turn a pretty penny on it when I sell), but am getting priced out and too many rich folk are moving in here driving up prices on everything and crowded the woods. Thanks for any help you can offer!

17. CampCowan

CampCowan ob-la-di ob-la-da Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I would definitely start with the job search and go from there. Our schools in my area, southeast wy, are in a real budget crunch due to low energy prices. My wife has a masters in education and was tenured, her position was annulled and the closet job in the district was over an hour away. Outdoor opportunities are plentiful in many areas and a benefit of low populations is low density on highways and interstates. Traveling a bit to get exactly what you want isn't a big deal. Hope this helps.

Canyon Creek likes this.
  18. Throc

Throc Guide

Blog Posts:
    We had a lot of teacher turnover here in Lander this year. If you plan on applying for a teaching job though, you're a little late this year. Seems like they put out most openings (and fill them) around January.

Canyon Creek likes this.
  19. MountainBorn

MountainBorn Browncoat Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I grew up in Kemmerer (my dad still lives there) and went to school in Laramie. Unfortunately had to move out of state but I was just back up to Pinedale last weekend. One day I will get to move home. Enjoy Wyoming!

Canyon Creek likes this.
  20. Canyon Creek

Canyon Creek Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the replies and info! Will be at least a year before I can get real serious about a relocation. Plan on spending this year researching different areas of WY and visiting on road trips.

21. wyo_mtman

wyo_mtman Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I'm in the northwest part of the state north of Gillette a little bit but travel all over the state would love to meet bushcraft minded people

22. Hunt&ReloadWY

Hunt&ReloadWY Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Been in Wheatland, WY for the last 2 years, previously lived in Colorado for 13 years and was born in the UK. I have a question for any active posters that may be able to help me out. What are the regulations on camp building and stuff for BLM? Does anyone know if it is legal to build a semi-permanent bushcrafting camp?

23. CampCowan

Blog Posts:
  24. WYSharpshooter79

WYSharpshooter79 Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Here from NW Wyoming, nice to see other folks from Wyoming on here.

25. PlanetRigo

PlanetRigo Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Hello Everyone,

Recently moved to Pinedale, and ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with this place!!! Couldn't ask for a better place to live as an outdoorsman, or a better place to raise your kids. I love the fact that there is no way that I could possibly explore all of the Bridger-Teton NF or Bridger Wilderness even with it as my backyard!

CampCowan likes this.
  26. CampCowan

Blog Posts:
    That is beautiful country. A friend of mine and I rented a small boat at one of the lakes, that water is cold and deep.

27. Bushcrafter26

Bushcrafter26 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Northeast Wyoming here. I would look to the job market before your move. We came from Maine 6 months ago and there is almost nothing up here. Hundreds looking into the only handfuls of jobs. Hope it's better for you.