Zeiss Conquest 8X42 HD binoculars

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by PeterCartwright, Jun 21, 2018.

1. PeterCartwright

PeterCartwright Guide

Blog Posts:
    I've been researching binoculars for more than half a year in preparation for an elk hunt in 2019. I've been using a pair of Pentax poro prism glasses for many years, and they've sufficed. They have, however, had a tendency to fog up briefly when dealing with cold weather and my warm eyes.

Last year, my wife gave me permission to look for better glasses and I've been following various auction sites and other retailers for about six months. I recently found a new pair of Zeiss Conquest 8X42 HD glasses considerably below retail and with free shipping. I ordered them on the spot.

The glasses arrived today and I've been comparing my older (cheaper) binos with the more up-scale version. I live at the head of the Keweenaw Bay on Lake Superior. I can see Baraga two miles across the bay from my front yard. Looking at various objects across that two miles, the Zeiss glasses display much larger field of view, clarity to the very edge of the view, a much brighter image and a crisper picture.

I'll be anxious to do more comparison as dusk comes later this evening. So far, there's no buyer's remorse.

PC

2. mjh

mjh Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Hey if you were able to buy the Zeiss you will have years of happiness with them! My mother in law bought a pair of Zeiss with retirement gift money, I don't think I have ever heard her say that she was sorry that she used the money on them/

Enjoy using some of the best optics that one can buy!

PeterCartwright likes this.